2010年4月8日 星期四

Talk is cheap

Recently, I love this line of lyrics very much,
“Talk is cheap, give me a word you can keep.”
It is from a song called “Halfway gone.”

This line reveals the disappointing while some promises have not been kept by others.
It’s like someone you care about always keep you disappointed, that certainly hurts and sad.
In Chinese culture there is slang about a word worth thousand dollars, I think that is a similar meaning.

One can say something easily, talk is easy, but keeping what you’ve said, maybe not that easy!
So it reminds us to keep our words seriously or we might hurt some people’s feelings.
I think this line makes me think a lot, and it also gives me some reflection on myself.

1 則留言:

  1. "Recently, I love this line of lyrics very much,
    “Talk is cheap, give me a word you can keep.”
    It is from a song called “Halfway gone.” >> Gone

    "This line reveals the disappointing while some promises have not been kept by others." >> …the disappointment when others have not kept promises.

    "It’s like someone you care about always keep you disappointed, that certainly hurts and sad." >> …always disappoints you, that certainly hurts and saddens you.

    "In Chinese culture there is slang about a word worth thousand dollars, I think that is a similar meaning." >> …about how a word is worth a thousand dollars. I think that has a similar meaning.

    "So it reminds us to keep our words seriously or we might hurt some people’s feelings." >> …to take our words seriously…

    "I think this line makes me think a lot, and it also gives me some reflection on myself." >>This lines makes me think a lot and allows me to reflect on myself.

    回覆刪除